Family Activities in Fort Worth
Get a bit wild this summer and explore the rich history and activities Fort Worth, Texas, has to offer. Known as Texas’s center for cowboys and culture, the city of Fort Worth offers a variety of unforgettable activities and places to visit for the whole family. From music festivals to arts and crafts shows, outdoor fun to educational activities — both locals and out-of-towners are sure to find something to enjoy. This summer, grab the family, get outside and experience the fun and excitement distinct to this bustling area.
Things to Do in Forth Worth With Family
For families antsy to get out and about in the Texas sunshine, there’s no better place to start than Fort Worth. If you’re looking for an active and unforgettable place to visit with family in Fort Worth, be sure not to miss these highlights:
- The Stockyards National Historic District: Lose yourself in Fort Worth’s cowboy culture by visiting the Stockyards National Historic District, complete with a petting zoo, cattle pen maze and longhorn cattle drive charging up Main Street twice a day. Spend the day checking out the sights, visiting local stores and eating the best Southern fare.
- The Fort Worth Zoo: Fort Worth’s Zoo is one of the oldest in Texas where families can get up close to over 500 different species of animals found all over the world.
- The Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame: An inspiring reminder of all of the influential women that helped shape the American West, Fort Worth’s Cowgirl Museum displays a variety of horse riding and rodeo artifacts, along with two interactive exhibits.
- Pawnee Bill’s Wild West Show: Become a cowboy for an afternoon when you visit the fun and thrilling Pawnee Bill’s Wild West Show. Offered seasonally, this brilliant show features several active events including trick roping, riding, skilled shooting and singing.
- The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History: Just because school is out for the summer doesn’t mean learning has to stop. Fort Worth’s Museum of Science and History features a variety of family-friendly displays, including an outdoor dinosaur dig site, an expansive exhibit celebrating the local area’s cattle industry, an interactive Lite-Brite display and an educational experience about eco-friendly energy sources.
Places to Eat With Families in Fort Worth
At the end of a long day of sight-seeing throughout Fort Worth, you’ll want to find a comfortable and delicious local restaurant to unwind and enjoy some more quality time with your family. Several top restaurants throughout Fort Worth have created unique and tasty family-friendly dining experiences, where you can eat an unforgettable meal and your kids can be entertained. Some of Fort Worth’s most popular places for families to eat include Rodeo Goat, Bonnell’s Restaurant and Mellow Mushroom.
Brighten Your Smile With Nirvana Dental
If you feel like taking a break from the local food scene to get your teeth cleaned, consider Nirvana Dental. Whether you’re just visiting Fort Worth or have called the area home for many years, you’ll appreciate our friendly and convenient dental services. At Nirvana Dental, we strive to always offer local Fort Worth residents comfortable and quality family dentistry solutions and cosmetic services, including teeth whitening, veneers and orthodontic services. Learn more about our dentistry services today and schedule a check-up by calling 682-703-0101. You may also book an appointment or complete our online contact form.